Dr. Melissa Alfano is a native of Warren, Michigan and moved to Illinois for Chiropractic college after finding complete relief of her chronic headaches by a Chiropractic physician. After graduating from Michigan State University she was given the amazing opportunity to volunteer at a children’s hospital and school in Guatemala City, further deepening her interest in healthcare. Dr. Alfano has a focus on women’s health, including prenatal and pregnancy care. She is a trained Doula, allowing her to offer deeper support to her patients during the entire pregnancy. She is also certified in the sought-after Webster Technique. As a mom of two young children, Dr. Alfano knows how important it is to support the health and wellness of patients from birth.
Pediatrics are another area of emphasis that she enjoys working with using craniosacral therapy and gentle chiropractic techniques. She is currently studying for her Diplomate in Clinical Chiropractic Pediatrics (DICCP).
She is a member of the Illinois Chiropractic Society, American Chiropractic Association, International Chiropractic Pediatric Association, American Chiropractic Association Council on Chiropractic Pediatrics and Downers Grove Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors
• Bachelor of Science, Physiology from Michigan State University
• Doctor of Chiropractic from National University of Health Sciences
• Certified in Webster Technique, ICPA
• DONA-trained Doula
• CranioSacral Therapy, The Upledger Institute
• Certified in Acupuncture, National University of Health Sciences
• Post Graduate work in Pediatrics, Maternal Health, and Kinesiotaping